A strawberry smoothie is a perfect recipe to start hot days very fresh. This drink is like a smoothie but thicker and creamier, and since it contains natural fruit, so it will be a great option to include it in your every-day lifestyle. To make this smoothie recipe the right consistency, all you have to do is freeze the fruit and you’re done.
Properties and benefits of strawberries
- They are low in calories. A cup of strawberries has about 43 calories. In addition, they contain fiber, which helps regulate digestive processes and reduce the feeling of hunger.
- They help to decrease the level of bad cholesterol in the blood, thanks to the large amount of ascorbic acid, lecithin and pectin that the fruit contains.
- They are a source of B vitamins, such as vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid or folic acid.
- It acts as a powerful antioxidant and natural anti-inflammatory. A cup of strawberries contains 21 grams of manganese.
- Contribute to bone health, thanks to its high content of magnesium, potassium and vitamin K.
- Promote eye health. Some studies have pointed out that strawberries improve eye health by decreasing the risk of macular degeneration.
- They are an important source of vitamin C. A cup of strawberries contains 136% of the recommended daily amount of this vitamin, which makes them a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system. Strawberries can also help with cancer prevention
- They help to lose weight, due to its low caloric content and its high nitrate content. Strawberries are a good ally for weight loss diets. They help reduce appetite, promote blood circulation and are also delicious!
Top healthy benefits of strawberries
Strawberries have certain properties: Anti-clotting, Anti-Gout and they help lower Bad Cholesterol which protects your heart. All good things to know! Their taste, their texture, their color. Everything about a strawberry draws me in, but I bet you didn’t know these cool facts about this incredible berry.
Great for the vision
Our eyes require vitamin C to protect them from exposure to free-radicals from the sun’s harsh UV rays, which can damage the protein in the lens. Vitamin C also plays an important role in strengthening the eye’s cornea and retina. Strawberries are an excellent source to get these vitamins that your eyes need, according to besthealthmag.ca
Ingredients for my favorite strawberry smoothie
- ¾ cup (120 g) seedless watermelon
- 1 cup (160 g) green grapes
- 1 cup (160g) red grapes
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen strawberries
- ½ cup (65 g) ice cubes
We use frozen strawberries, but fresh will work as well. We prefer frozen strawberries so that you don’t have to use any ice!fitfoodiefinds.com
Quick way to prepare your strawberry smoothie
Pour all the ingredients into the glass of the Vitamix in the indicated order and close the lid tightly.
Turn the blender on at the lowest speed and then quickly increase it to full speed, using the pressure bar to direct ingredients toward the blades.
Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until desired consistency is obtained.
Do you want more inspiration for your smoothie preparations?
If you’re looking for a healthy vegan breakfast you can take on the road and sustain you until lunch, this should fit the bill!Strawberry and grapes Recipe with oat to make you feel full longer at Cookingwithmammac.com
Also check out some of my other smoothie suggestions:
- This super yummy Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- You will love this Almond Milk Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
- A delicious green smoothie for weight-loss
Are strawberry smoothies good for your body?
Yes! A strawberry and banana smoothie is good for you because strawberries are rich in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. Did you know that strawberries are among the top 20 most antioxidant-rich fruits. One serving of strawberries (about 8 berries) contains more vitamin C than an orange? Source: Kristines Kitchen